Tuesday, January 22, 2013

National Handwriting Day - Put your Pen into it!

Today is National Handwriting Day, so I thought we should chat about journaling.  Many of us, me included, don't like our own handwriting.  We all cherish those crooked, backwards lettered, misspelled notes our little ones write us and we immortalize them in our scrapbooks and save them in our treasure drawers.  But our own writing not as much.  I'm super guilty, I admit it! 

One reason I love Studio J so much is that I find that I journal about 100 times more on my layouts.  I'm not sure if its the fact that I can pick the font or if its the ease of being able to edit my thoughts....okay, so anyone that knows me knows that editing my thoughts before they come out of my mouth isn't my strong point so editing my journaling is a huge bonus for me lol.

I want to take a second though to say, it may not matter to us what our writing looks like but to our loved ones years from now it will matter a great deal.  I know that I cherish the few handwritten notes in my Dad's handwriting knowing I will never get another.  In my head now if I close my eyes I can distinctly see exactly how it looks.

At Christmas under the tree each year is a empty wrapped box addressed to ME from Grandma.  When I was little my Grandmother would elaborately wrap all these empty little boxes and put them under the tree.  She lived alone and was always worried about something breaking in for our gifts (well wouldn't those thieves been in for a shock).  I love that squished little box with its 70's paper and plastic poinsetta, and I cherish that tag "to Heather, Love Grandma".

All I'm saying is while we so safely preserve all of our loved ones lives, make sure we save a little bit of ourselves for them to hold on to as well!

To help us all in the task of hand journaling Close To My Heart has many products like these adorable dimensional elements:

Irresistibles™ Persnickety Journaling Spots

These Journaling Spots have resist patterns that show through when covered with ink, markers, or watercolors. 12" x 6" chipboard sheet with a variety of resist patterns and shapes perfect for journaling. 
 
Priced at only $4.95 at set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!