Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January's Workshop - The Back Story

There were a few things that I wanted to showcase this month...
  • Taking pre-conceived themed papers and colors and taking them a totally different direction
  •  Scraplifting! There is NO reason to not take inspiration from all the avenues we have available today.  Take this blog for instance, I am thrilled and flattered when I hear people take what I make and a copy it into their own.  If we all didn't want that to happen we wouldn't show it off and give you directions.  Like the quote says "Imitation is the highest form of flattery".  
    • Favorite blogs AND Pintrest.com are some of my favorite places to find inspiration.  
    • If you Scraplift it, own it and be proud of it...so mention who and where you "lifted it from".  Think of it as pay it forward, let others find inspiration where you did.
    • Inspiration can be duplication OR something totally altered.  That's the best and easiest part.  The layout you Lift is NEVER, EVER going to be set next to the one you make soooooooo NO need to worry about the exact dimension of that tag in the left corner or hmmmmmm you really don't need every exact embellishment; unless you really, really want it....then ask the original cre-artist in most cases they would love to share what they know. 
    • Last, but not least don't let the search for inspiration drain you from all your sands of creative craft time.   
So what I want you to do is check back over the next several days and see where my inspiration took me and this month's workshop projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!