Monday, January 14, 2013

January's Paper Cupcakes Cricut Artiste Blog Hop

Welcome to the Paper cupcakes Cricut Artiste Blog Hop for January. This month's focus is on the  "BE MINE" key of the ARTISTE collection ( page 71 of the booklet).


If you have gotten here way of  Bren Yule's you are on the right trail.

While I was at Ikea doing a little after holiday clearance shopping I ran across these cute but plain heart ornaments that were just screaming to me to decorate for Valentine's.  And at $0.50  for a package of 4 they had to come home with me.

After adding my ruby cardstock cutout (hung with fishing line to make it appear floating), I quick and easy glittered the wide outer edge of the heart with our red glitz glitter gel. The red sparkle of the glitz really makes them pop at night!

For more projects from this key, be sure to follow me all month because I used this key to design my January workshop...photos to come starting later this week.

Now its time to Hop on over to Tasha Valdez's blog to see what heartfelt treat she made to share with us.

5 comments:

  1. I love it...beautiful, cost effective and fast! You have inspired me to take down the Christmas decorations and put up the Valentines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply Sweet! What a great idea! I love to alter my finds with our products! Just needs that messy glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no need for messy glitter! Oops the note I wrote about how I quick and easy glittered the wide outer edge of the heart with our red glitz glitter gel vanished. The red sparkle of the glitz really makes them pop at night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google comment is not nice to me tonight, so will add a reply. Thanks so much for sharing your charming heart. i love it.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!