Sunday, August 11, 2013

Floral Photo Wall Hangings

I bought two Styrofoam discs recently at a dollar store in different sizes and then covered them with CTMH Just Blooms paper flowers after seeing this done at an art store several years ago. I randomly mixed the sizes and shapes of flowers, along with sparingly mixing in some yellow flowers too.  To glue the flowers down I used Liquid Glass (my ever ready go to glue for dimensional projects).   I added varied sizes of pearls onto the flowers. 
I wrapped the outer edges of the foam with a double layer of yellow tulle.  To adhere the photos I used CTMH's foam tape in long outlining strips around the photos.  On a couple of photos I wanted to give added height, so I layered a second layer of foam tape directly onto the 1st layer.  

I am thrilled with the overall outcome of these pieces. They perfectly showcase my niece Charlie's photos from her 2nd and 3rd birthday shoots...and my Mom will love them on her wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!