Thursday, February 14, 2013

Papercupcakes Blog Hop - February 2013


If you came from Bren Yule's blog, you are in the right place. This it February's edition of the Papercupcake's Cricut Artiste Blog Hop.  This month we are using the "F" key found  on page 54 of the Cricut Artiste's key guide.

Anyone who has seen my art knows that my favorite Cricut items are our flowers!!!  So I was thrilled when the F Key was chosen for our inspiration this month. Let me tell you if you love these spiral rolled flowers, please tell me you've tried rolling them with our quilling tools!  OMG!!!! revolutionized my flower making.  I thought I was pretty quick before, I'd say I'm 75% faster now.  

So here's what I did with these flowers this month!  Cutting my flowers at 3/4" and at 2" in Lagoon Cardstock and in seconds I had mini rolled flowers.  Lagoon not only is a hot color right now, it happens to be my Mom's favorite color.
I have been wanting to do something special with some photos of my Mom and Dad in there teens and twenties and my brother.  The minute I saw our new paper pack For Always I knew I had found my inspiration. Quickly and I mean in just over an hour total (including flower rolling time) I had my photos and papers cut, and modge podged it all into our beautiful, ready to craft wood Display tray.  Next I added black sparkles, Dimensional Element letters (raised with foam adhesive), and some of our paper butterflies for movement (plus they are my Mom's favorite). I used our black mesh ribbon to hang it, which gives great texture.
 
Bam I was done, and I have this timeless wall art.  Check back over the next several weeks to see lots of other fresh new art from me.  This new book really has me inspired, I've been crafting tons....so come back soon.
Z1750 Display tray $19.95

Now hop on over to Karen Cullen's page to see more creative ideas using the Cricut Artiste Collection. If you get lost, just hop on back to Bren's blog  for the full list.”

4 comments:

  1. Heather,
    It's just beautiful. The black display case with the For Always paper and touches of lagoon really highlight the black & white photos. I am sure your mom is going to love it. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, that is a priceless gift! Great job combining all the products! Inspires me to get crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, What a great display. I love the For Always paper packet with the heritage photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning project, Heather. Thanks for sharing. Always love to be inspired with the Artiste cart.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!