Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My 2013 Studio J Calendar series - Part 1

So I started making scrapbook calendars for my Mom 17 or 18 yrs ago (she'd know they are all saved safely away), no problem 12 pages of photos that yes I'd have to rescrap in my own albums, but not that much extra work right?!?

Skip ahead a few years, now my Mother-n-law didn't want to be left out; so now I was up 24 scrapped pages of photos not in my album....hmmmmm that's starting to be a little more than a little bit extra work.  About two years after that, when we moved cross country again a few more relatives jumped on the "can I have a calendar too" wagon.  NOW we were out of control!  It took countless hours, printing all the photos got super expensive, and I still didn't have those photos scrapped for ME!

Where am I going with this you're wondering?  No, I didn't tell them to make their own calendar (even though at times it crossed my mind).

 In 2009, Studio J changed my scrapbooking life forever!   I only have to make six, YUP I SAID SIX layouts and then just purchase it multiple times....INCLUDING a version for MY ALBUMS now!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is what freedom feels like.  With layouts taking between 15-50 mins to make on average (these are the advanced ones quick auto layouts 15 mins max!), I was done with designing my layouts in three hours this year (YUP for you all I timed it)!

All I had to do was tape runner the pages down unto CTMH's 12x12 Calendar, write on the dates and bam I was done.  I used our Cricut Art Philosophy to cut the month titles and saved it into Cricut craft room so I can duplicate it each year and I was free.

I made five calendars, and my own book so quickly.  Over the next few weeks I will show you all the layouts I used for this years.  For more ideas, you can look back at my posts from last year years calendar too.

All February, two page layouts cost a crazy low $5 Each!!! Not only do you get the 2 printed pages, you also get 3 JPG images of your layout (1 of ea page in high resolution, and 1 combined layout in low resolution perfect for emailing/facebook, or blogging with like I do).  For more Studio J information give me a shout!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!