Sunday, February 10, 2013

My 2013 Calendar Series - Part 2

So you know the back history from my post last week about why I Studio J is the fastest, cheapest, and smartest way to make your family calendars.  Wow, while I wrote this I realized how great would it be to make  sports groups, schools, or business calendars...oh my gosh my mind is now rolling.

Okay, sorry back to task.  I wanted to start showing you the insides of my calendars.  Now one thing to keep in mind is that when I make a layout I do not necessarily put the pages chronologically in the calendar.   Point of fact, today's layout I used one page in January and the other side in December.  When I design the layouts I think carefully about how that will play out, especially in cases where there are specific holiday names on my Stickease/papers/photos. That's why you'll notice in only mentions Christmas on one layout.
This is also the layout I used for my family Christmas cards this year...but that is a discussion for another day.

This layout is done using Pear & Partridge in my Studio J.

I wanted to give you a close up here of the actual calendar page.  I keep it simple and add Cricuted (yes that's a real verb as far as I'm concerned) title using the weld mode and then simply number the dates with a fine black pen.

When I adhere the layout to the calendar I use a large amount of Tombow tape runner because of it hanging.

Studio J layouts ALL February are only $5.00 ea.  That price gets you two printed 12 x 12 pages, and 3 jpg images (2 high resolution individual pages images, and 1 low resolution combined layout -- like the one pictured here).  Head to my STUDIO J site heatherplotzke.ctmh.com now to get started.

4 comments:

  1. WOW ... do I ever love this idea. Congratulations for being featured by CTMH on the Studio J page. This idea more than deserves it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS idea!! And congrats on your feature with CTMH :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did my calendered this year using Studio J. I did one 2 page layout with the same theme, for 2 different calendars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone, glad you enjoyed the project. Be sure to check back for the remaining 5 posts in this series. I have tips and tricks in each of the posts for you.

    And thanks for letting me now about the feature! I had no idea! Yeah, so excited.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!