Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My Convention Studio J Artwork

Okay so I wanted to create something for convention to showcase what we do as Close To My Heart Consultants.  So I decided to made a Studio J layout so I could use the Jpg's to create a variety of different crafts.  Over the next few days I will show you a few of the items I've made so far!!!

Here is the original layout.  The photos are from the Disney Coronado (the resort where convention was held).  The paper pack used is Surf's up.

Some of the tips I used on this layout are:
  • On the right had page the VIVA logo from Convention was a shade to bright to match the altered paper colors and My Stickease I was planning to use.  To change the tone to better coordinate I put a journalling box directly overtop of the photo well and clicked the Vellum button.
  • The swirls around the flower shapes on both pages were individual Stickers used to cover the existing papers.  
  • I also stitched around the flowers by placing stitched circles, which I cropped easily with the crop tool.  Then copying and pasting around the flowers.
  • My favorite techinique here is the wooden papers that I journalled on.  To create that effect, I simply dragged My Stickease journal tab to the right page, sized it appropriately and then copy/pasted over the complete journal area.
  • The wording is done in individual journal blocks, example "Let Me Show you how" is three separate journal blocks.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks! Glad you like it...just imagine how easy it would be to do for ANY business or theme. I could see some food related ideas in your future :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!