Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Studio J Jewelry

As a follow up to yesterday's post I wanted to show you the jewelry that I quickly and best yet inexpensively made!  I bought these blank jewelry pieces for 2 for $6-ish at a local craft store.  After printing my Studio J .jpgs at a size of 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" I simply glued the photo into the bottom of the jewelry well with Liquid Glass.  Once that dried I filled the rest of the well with Liquid Glass to completely cover and in-case the piece.  At this point if you see air bubbles in your Liquid Glass you can use a needle (I use a quilting pin) to pop/remove them. Let that sit for over 24 hrs to completely dry and harden. If after drying the Liquid Glass no longer comes up to the top of the jewelry edge you can apply another layer right over top.  It will harden and dry without anyone knowing there was ever more than one piece to it.

When picking Studio J layouts to use with Jewelry (or cards and other crafts) I try to find layouts with large photo wells so when you reduce the image size you can still see the pictures.  I have made these charms with family photos as well!  My Mom loves her ring I made using this method.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!