Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Fun 6x6 cardstock album out of TWO sheets of paper and my Cricut Artiste

So I went to a team meeting a few months ago where Kay Pekin showed us the template to make little mini 6x6 flip albums with Victory papers.  I decided to put a Halloween spin on the template for my August workshop.

Take a 6 x 12 pc of cardstock paper (here used black Card stock). Score that paper at 5 7/8 and 6 1/8.  Fold at the score lines, you now have the outside of your book and believe it or not we are almost half way assembled.

Next grab your pretty B&T (background & textured) paper and cut it down to a 11 x 11 pc. (save those scraps for decorating later).  Now fold your 11 x 11 in half; turn the paper and then fold in half again.  You at this point will have a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch square.  If your fold lines aren't perfect no worries (mine never are lol) trim up your edges while folded.  This project leaves lots of room for forgiveness.

Unfold your B&T back out, and on ONE fold line, and ONE fold line only cut on the fold to the center point.  See the pictures, because its really easier than I've written lol.
Refold the B&T pc, with the fold towards the inside book spine and the halfway cut line placed horizontal and near the top simply glue that to the inside album back cover centered.  WHAM, you're done constructing and can now decorate.

I took a pc of 28" ribbon and glued that (with Liquid glass for strength) to the outside of the book with the center ribbon at the spine.  After that dried, I took a 6 x 4 pc of paper (I used B&T) and covered the spine.  Next glued a 1 x 6 (remember those scraps) at the end of each sides of the 4 x 6 B&T, added a 6 inch pc of Zipstrip on the edge of those pcs; and embellished with ink distressed Cricut Artiste die cuts and accessories.


A fun thing people some times don't think of doing to die cuts, is cutting them up to have them edge off the pages.  In this case I put half on cover, and half on an inside page.

Let me know what you think.  I can't wait to make these as little gift albums for teachers, grandparents, for friends after a fun night out, etc.  What will you make with it????

5 comments:

  1. This is super cute!!! I like it!

    Tiffany
    angel4ever-thecraftyteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Heather. I was not at that meeting - so thank you so much for sharing.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very cool! Thanks so much for the great instructions! Looking for something to give to some school personnel and this will be just the right thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fun and great tutorial Heather!
    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad everyone enjoyed it! Sharon I am all over making them for teacher gifts right now.

    I would love to see what you all make with the directions.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!