Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Papercupcake's "It's Your Day" Double Stamp set Blog Hop

I want to welcome you to the 1st Paper Cupcake Team Blog Hop.  Our Inaugural Hop is in honor of CTMH's celebration of National Stamping Month special Double (yeah you heard me correctly) DOUBLE stamp set, "It's Your Day" that will be yours with qualifying purchase for just $5!

If you have come here via our blog hop and my fellow paper cupcake Dawn Heuft, then you are on the right track.
o
In my showcase of this super cool stamp set, I choose the new 3"x3" My Creations Block (Z1746) as the perfect platform.  I wanted to show that this sets many uses, from calendar pages to quirkiness (as I shown here).  I also choose new paper pack Flirty to brighten this already fun and cute project.  I used one of each paper in the pack for this project.


Adhesive Spring $2.95
 I love how the adhesive springs make my flower pop.  I also used liquid glass to add shine to all my stamped images.   

When I stamped the images in 2 different shades of colors to get a blended look (sorry doesn't show well in photos).  To do this apply 1 color ink to the stamp and then sponge on darker color ink  onto the image before stamping.

Notice the edges of the box.  Before adhering pages to box (which I did with bonding memories glue for best results) I sponged ink directly to the boxes around all edges.
Notice how I layered my bling badge on top of the bottom with liquid glass.  I love the extra depth that gives to elements.  I also applied glue only to center of the butterfly body so when dry you can make butterfly "flutter" off the box.


Now hop on over to the amazing Kay Pekin's blog kpekin.blogspot.com/ to see what she has created!

Enjoy the rest of the hop, and stop back soon.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing future Director! Love my job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showing some of the items that went onto the cube! I also like the versatility of the cube. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!