Monday, August 27, 2012

Studio J Gifts

I can't believe I never blogged these for you all since I was so proud of them at the time I made them for Convention.

I quickly designed this Studio J layout to as two separate but coordinating pages instead of as a layout intentionally to use the .jpgs for gift making.  Remember for $2.95 through Studio J you can purchase just the JPG's files of your layout.  You always get 3 images, 1 image (pictured here perfect for web use) in low resolution and 2 images (1 of each page alone) in high resolution which is best for printing with.

I printed the pages at 8 1/2" x 8 1/2" on fabric transfer printer paper (bought at any Walmart, Staples, etc) for around $5 for 24 sheets.  Remember if there are words on your layout that you have to print "mirror" or "reverse" image for it be the right direction when you iron on.  After a few minutes of letting the ink set, really takes less than a minute, I ironed the images onto pillow cases.  We had instant chair covers, which at a conference with over 1,200 women at it helps to be able to save your seat!  I ordered the pillow cases online by googling "bulk pillow cases" and paid around $1 each for them. 

I plan on making my kids special pillow cases with photos of them and their Dad.  This would also work super easy on T-shirts etc!

2 comments:

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!