Monday, August 22, 2011

Gift frames

So want to make a super easily personalized gift for any occasion.  Wood frames of any shapes/sizes are super fun and quick to make.  The frames below were bought for $1.00/ea in the craft department, a lot of times in the kids craft section.
This frame was decorated for a friends' team convention gifts.  I applied glue (decoupage) direct to the picture frame and then put the pre-sized paper down on top smoothing out all the wrinkles and air bubbles at this point.  After it was dry I went back with a razor blade and slice out the center hole.    I then dry brushed the edges of frame, including distressing edge of paper and paper cut outs with black acrylic paint.
This frame was painted with CTMH Create a Shade paint and then once dried I went back with a black distressing tool and sponged hollyhock ink directly on to the frame.  I used liquid glass to glue down embellishments and buttons.  And you gotta love my Sophia dressed Sticky Boys!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!