Thursday, June 13, 2013

Pintrest, Graduation, and Pride

My husband, who was deployed out of the country for 15 months, learned the crash course way this week what pintrest is.

 We have a child, as close as the five of our own, who graduated this week.  I wanted Brittney to having something special to wear on her graduation gown as Lei's are a big tradition here in our area.  So not having bought or made one before, of course I naturally headed to my pintrest, http://pinterest.com/Heatherplotzke/ and searched for graduation lei's".  I found a huge variety, candy ones, real flowers, money circles, you name it, but the origami butterfly quickly became my choice.

 Here is where my poor, but loving husband  who has no idea what pintrest is comes in.

Gordon spent 7 months in Okinawa and played around with making origami animals and mailed them home to our kids.  So I mentioned the super cute, easy directions I found on pintrest for butterflies.  He quickly said sure, he loves Brittney as much as I do and liked being the hero of this tale. 

With a dollar tree lei, 10 beads, a yard of wire, and 20 new singles here is what he came up with!
Here is a close up, so it takes two bills to make one butterfly.  If you head over to my pintrest you'll find a link to this and some other super cute ideas for graduation and anything else that catches my fancy lol!

Here is a photo of our Brittney and us just after commencement.  She loved what Mr Gordon made her!  I LOVE and was proud of the BOTH!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!