Thursday, November 8, 2012

Studio J -- pattern more important than quantity sometimes

In Studio J when you are picking which layout pattern you want remember to browse different layouts not only the layouts that have exact number of photo wells you have pictures for.
  • Patterns that have prearranged journalling and title spots can be turned INTO photo wells for extra photo placement. 
  • You can also DELETE photo wells if you like a pattern but decide you don't want to use all the wells.  
Take a close look at the sample below, I actually deleted 5 of the photo wells in this pattern replacing it with B&T patterned paper and My Stickease.  Another thing to note about my photos, in the bottom right page, see how I added photos of objects in those wells.  Its not that I didn't have more photos of my son...I had already added a lot of those though and wanted to show the "what" of the story as well. I believe that it really added to story and years from now we will remember more about the day than just Avery shooting.  So remember to take photos of "whats" in your stories (ie: take photos of food, or the gifts wrapped, and the dis-guarded wrapping papers after the opening, how about photos of your children's art project alone to match the photos with them holding their masterpieces).  The possibilities are endless, and will go along way in showing the whole story.

heatherplotzke.ctmh.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!