Wednesday, November 14, 2012

November's Paper Cupcakes Blog Hop featuring Cricut Artiste

Welcome everyone to Paper Cupcakes Blog Hop!  If you just arrived from Bren Yule's Blog you are in the right place.  If you are starting your journey with us here with me I'm excited as always to have you!

Each month we will be featuring a different key on the Cricut Artiste.  This month we are working with the Noel/Ho Ho Ho Key from page 79.  One of the reasons that I love Artiste so much is each individual key groups like shapes.  Like this month Snowflakes and winter items are all right here in the same place.  No more just random button punching to find the images we are looking for. 

 Designer water cups are all the rage these days and not inexpensive so I was thrilled when I found this bright blue one at a local Dollar Tree.  With my Cricut Artiste and some white Vinyl plastic sheets I easily cut the snowflake design in different sizes, peeled and stuck randomly on the cup.  See all the itty bitty flakes, those are from the inside cut of the flakes...so remember to think outside the box and use those scraps.

A couple of things to keep in mind:
  •  This cup is now hand washable. 
  • For more delicate or lacy images you will want to use a special transfer paper that in essence turns the vinyl into a rub on per say.
  • After testing out this new found freedom with vinyl, shop around.  After my research I know that prices vary from retailers (coupon shopping included), to ebay, and finally Amazon.com.  FYI when I bought this the best pricing was at Amazon.
Thanks for stopping by and now hop over to the always inspirational, Linda Taylor's Blog for another creative treat with this key.  

Looking forward to seeing you back soon.  I blog everything from scrapbook layouts and my passion-Studio J scrapbooking, to all kinds of papercraft samples and techniques. December 15th we will be focusing our hop on celebrating New Year's Eve!  Lets get ready for 2013.

7 comments:

  1. What a great gift idea. It's fast and easy and will not break the bank!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Christmas count down is so cute! I may have to lift that. The cup is a great gift idea. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like this idea! Will you share it at the meeting? Thanks Heather! Great way to think outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you told us where to buy the vinyl. It's a unique and quick gift. Thanks Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rocked it Heather! I'm so happy your my Vanilla 136!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally love your cup! I want one of my own. ;-) A vinyl decorated cup was my first project with the AP cartridge but it was butterflies. Need a snowflake cup now!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!