Monday, October 15, 2012

Halloween medallion wall hanging.

My good friend Corina Mitchel became the queen of paper medallion making last year, and thankfully she showed me how.  Here is the wall hanging I did using Close To My Heart papers.
To get the different size medallions use different heights of paper strips.  Example the large corner piece at the bottom right (with the spider) was  4" tall before scoring, so when done it makes a 8" circle.

 I laid the medallions out on top of the corrugated cardboard I was going to use as backing to get a feel for where each one would go.  This is a great way to make sure you have the shape, coloring, etc where you want it. The starting with the top corner I glued down using hot glue.    The picture doesn't show it but there is a black tuelle hanging ribbon that can be used from the top or hidden behind for table stand displaying


2 comments:

  1. WOW Heather! This is VERY cool! It DID remind me of Corina! You rocked it! you are one busy lady! Do you ever sleep???? you are motivating me to make one too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bren I was pretty happy with how it turned out. Sleep what is that lol, I'll sleep when I'm dead there are projects to finish

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!