Sunday, October 14, 2012

Cricut Artiste p 78 (turkey key) Blog Hop

Welcome to the Paper Cupcake's Cricut Artiste p 78 (turkey key)  Blog Hop!  If you came from Bren Yule's blog~http://closetomycricut.com/, you are in the right place.

So one of the unique items on the Cricut Artiste is the large selection of cupcake holders.  As soon as I saw the leaf cupcake holder, I knew, KNEW I wanted to make a tree out of it.  I wanted to show you 1st what I started with above.  

Now lets see where I took it!


I cut 17 holders starting at 5" and decreasing by 1/4" at a time all the way down to the last ring at the top at 1".  It took 5 sheets of cardstock to reach the final height of 7".  I used 10 sheets, cutting 2 of each Cricut page in different colors and then putting every other ring a different color, to make 2 trees.  The colors I used were Garden Green and Olive cardstock.

After cutting all the pieces with my Cricut I curled the leaves up to the ring with the end of my Cricut spatula before I hooked it into a ring with the slit/tab that the cut gives me. On the small rings I used the stylist from my Cricut to do the curling.  I applied a small amount of glue in between the levels for stability.  Then to give it the finishing POW I went back to each leaf and quickly applied Glitz Stardust Glitter Gel Z1313 (easiest way ever to glitter).  Stop back over the next few weeks to see what else I made with my extra play cuts of the holders.
For now though hop on over to the amazing LindaTaylor'S page to see more creative ideas using the Cricut Artiste Collection. If you get lost, just hop on back to Bren's  for the full hop list.  You won't want to miss any of our teams amazing projects.  Hope you hop back my way soon :)

11 comments:

  1. Wowwie girlfriend! That is amazing! This one took you way out of your box...i LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Heather, your so talented. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!! Never would have thought of this...just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is outstanding!! I love what you did with a cupcake holder. Can you tell me if you used just the 12 x 12 mat to complete this project? I would love to give this a try if you don't mind me borrowing your idea.
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathleen I did use just a 12 x 12 mat. I'm thrilled that you'll be making some of my trees! Hopefully my trial and error will save you some time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather I am having trouble getting a size bigger than 3.5 to fit on the 12 x12 mat. I wasn't sure how you did the sizes from 3.5 and so on up to 5 " . I am so excited to give it a try. I am very thankful for your directions and all the time you put into this! Thanks so much for your help.
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathleen, I used the Cricut craft room when I made it, sorry. I'm sure when I wrote the directions I gave the length dimension and the machine directly must use the height dimension. Sorry about the confusion. I would cut the largest you can then lower it in increments

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!