Thursday, July 26, 2012

Heritage Layout using Studio J and Mischief papers

I am totally in love this Studio J layout I made for my sister using Mischief paper pack which was designed as Halloween. To me these patterned papers make classic heritage feel.

I wanted to show you what the layout looked like when I started.  so here is a screen shot of where it started when all I had done is picked the paper pack and layout format. 

So tips to note:
  • The left page has been rotated onto its side
  • The ribbon has had stitch marks placed onto it.
  • The pattern paper on the left-top side of the right page  is actually the same gray wool cardstock used on the both pages.  Here's how I did it" I placed the My Stickease (yup same one on the left page just bigger) and increased/reduced the images and placed them randomly including off the edges.  Next I dragged a journal box and totally covered the full pieced of cardstock, removed wording and left box "vellum"
  • Last tip, for those super cool black and white photos from 50-70's that were square and always had the date on edge.  When you scan and use those photos whether Studio J online style or in classic scrapbooking, LEAVE those edges on your photos.  They keep apart of the timeless-ness and history of the photos there.  Note above how my Mom used to write directly on those edges I wanted to keep her writing/journalling intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!