Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Skylark Spiral 6x6 Notebook


I really enjoyed making this fun little Skylark spiral 6x6 notebook.  I hope you all enjoy it too (more photos below).  It was pretty easy...here are the basics:
  • I adhered a 2 1/2" x 5" B&T pc to the front Bonding memories glue.
  • With Chocolate ink I stamped 3 images on the front cover using CTMH's Spring 2014 Petite Perk set (two in upper left corner, 1 in middle, center area).  Next Random stamped on the back cover 3 of the images as well and lightly colored in all images with pencils.
  • Using CTMH's scallop punch I made a 1/2" x 5" pc of White CS; and adhered it to front just about B&T
  • Adhere 1/4 circle doily to back lower right corner with Bonding memories glue
  • Add 1/2 (6"pc) of a zip-strip border up the side of the front and back of book
  • Take remaining 1/4 circle doily and loosely fold (almost as if you were making a paper airplane but not quite to the center point) and adhere to front with Bonding memories glue.  I only glued solid back piece and then gave a little dot to just tack wing down.  I wanted it to still appear raised for dimension.
  • Thread buttons with 3 strands of brown floss and adhere to front along with wood pcs with Liquid Glass (be sure to have closure strap in place before decorating to leave a place for strap).
  • Lastly I tucked a piece of White CS 3/4" x 1 1/4" into the name plate on the front (you might want to right on it 1st if you know what you want to put on it)
I hope you enjoyed the project.  To get the supplies for this project and more great crafting ideas head over to heatherplotzke.ctmh.com  and "Like" me on facebook at facebook.com/heatherplotzkeCTMH

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!