Monday, September 16, 2013

Tube Wreaths


Tube Wreath Directions (September's Workshop)
 
(1) 10” circle chipboard covered w/cs (the reason for covering it is in case you see between the tubes)

Punch 2 holes for hanging ribbons ( I recommend doing this after you have hot glued your cones on chipboard)

3 patterns of paper – (4) 6" x 5"  
  * the paper that you want to be the outside needs to be the back when you     roll…roll like cone and glue (glue short side to long side)

Place cones around wreath to determine rough spacing; remember to leave room for play once gluing begins because there will be shifting. 

5 ½ “ circle to cover center (I skipped this step on wreath when filled with paper roses) / then layer & decorate.  When applying the center shape try foam tape to give a raise look, it also makes it easier to adhere to each of the tubes.

For additional fun try squishing/pinching the cones and tipping them all on their sides as you glue them for a different look OR making it oval shaped.

For other samples you can check my pinterest account http://pinterest.com/Heatherplotzke  for my samples, as well as others I’ve found – (under Fall fun is where the original inspiration came from (& once I got started I couldn’t stop myself lol).
 
Fun themes besides holidays:
·         Sports teams (We did Oregon Ducks)
·         School – pencils in between tubes were super cute
·         Kids character themes
·         Clubs/organizations




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!