Monday, September 3, 2012

Oops turns into Fab!

 I bought a cute wine bottle stopper for my friend's birthday several months before and had it hidden away.  When I went to the closet to wrap it a week before its delivery date I realized the semi-cute little picture had started to peel away in the humidity.  Oh no, now what to I do?!?!

In a flash I went onto facebook, pulled up this beautiful picture of Jan and her husband and printed it off to the size of the square stopper.  Next grabbed my trusty Liquid Glass (even my hubby knows this is the go to must have staple supply of an emergency crafter) and glued the photo down then filled in the the remainder of the frame with Liquid Glass until it was completely level with the top; making sure to pop any air bubbles along the way.  Be sure to let this dry overnight minimum, 24 hrs before solid.  I hit the level this time on the 1st try, but if after it hardened it looks sunken or not quite level you can easily apply another layer of L.G., after the next 24 hrs you will never know it was more than one layer as they meld and appear as one solid finish. 

After all was said and done, I super wish I had bought more of these because I (and Jan) were thrilled with the results.  I want one now too!



3 comments:

  1. Cute and personalized! Great creative save Miss Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right Heather! Liquid Glass is a must! My most recent "save" was a little crack on the corner of my daughter's iphone cover! Who knew? Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!