Monday, October 14, 2013

Halloween Base and Bling Ring

I am loving CTMH's Base & Bling jewelry because it is giving me away to make fun and trendy jewelry for just a few dollars.  I wanted something for the Halloween season, so I decided on a ring.  Sarita's fabric has that warm and rich orange tone fabric that is PERFECT for Halloween.  Take a look!!!!

Using the twisting techinique similar to the necklace kit (which is really really easy its folding long narrow strip of fabric, with cut seams inward to prevent loose threads, tightly twisting).  For an added something, as I twisted I also wrapped the twisted fabric with black embroidery floss to give it just a little something extra (think of the possibilities you can twist into your projects).

When I was all done twisting and wrapping this down onto the big red tape glue dot, I added a retired CTMH skull brad by putting some liquid glass on the end of the brad and just pushing it into the tightly wrapped fabric.

I love the results! and when all is said and done I have only a couple of dollars into the whole project and it only took a few minutes to make!

These are sooooo much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!