Sunday, October 26, 2014

CTMH Scaredy Cat Wood Witch's Boot

What do you think of my latest Halloween Decoration?  This solid wood sign is covered with CTMH's Scaredy Cat papers.  I painted the the edges of the wood black, which matches the black inked distressed edges I had applied to the paper edges.

Quick tips for applying paper to the wood:

  • Trace image face down on the backside of the paper in pencil, and trim to shape (that way there are no marks left showing on the outward view).
  • I use modge podge glue applied to the paper to adhere the paper to the wood.  Be sure to get out wrinkles and that all edges are down tight.  I don't apply a layer on top of my finished project, as the instructions say to.  I don't like the sealed look and I'm okay with it.  Its a paper craft I wasn't trying to make it last 100 years lol, its pretty together, just not water proof but no paper craft is.
  • Last tip, I apply all the embellishments with Liquid glass, even the one that already have adhesive on them.  I don't think glue dots style adhesive holds up to 3D-decor style wear and tear. 
PS: I found this boot, plus several more wood projects coming up at Wood Creations


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!