Monday, September 15, 2014

September 2014 Studio J blog Hop "Anything Goes"

Welcome to the "Anything Goes" Blog Hop....if you came from Julie Sinnott's - 12x12travels.blogspot.ca WELCOME and you are in the RIGHT PLACE!
I love how easy in Studio J that I can get 15, let me repeat that FIFTEEN photos onto a layout easily and still allowing for design and embellishment.

 I choose not to add a lot of My Stickease to this layout because the pictures were already so bright and decorated as the kids were all playing dress up and it was so colorful.  That's also why I choose to use White Daisy as the back drop neutral to leave some quiet space.

One last thing I HIGHLY recommend you do when doing layouts of the kiddos and their friends, especially at this young of ages....label the little darlings individually every so many layouts like I did on this spread.  My kiddos ALL look alike at each age and so does my girlfriend's kids...two, five, ten years from now I don't want to be guessing which kid is this (trust me it happens...just ask my MOM which one of my siblings and I wore what during Halloween any given year in the 1970's).  I also some where on EVERY layout I Studio J add the date  This time its pretty noticeable right in the journalling area, other times, its more hidden in a corner or tucked onto a picture or piece of ribbon, but all the same just a small date somewhere on there years from now will mean a lot to your loved ones.

I hope you enjoyed my layout and tips....if you do be sure to stop by again....until then now its time for you to HOP on over to Rebecca Brown - www.showmescrapping.com

4 comments:

  1. Yep - Studio J is the perfect tool for tons pf pictures! and I had to laugh, I still ask my son what year some of the photos are from - how he knows are the shoes that he is wearing! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try put the date on mine in inconspicuous places, too. Cute layout & kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Marcia, I glad you liked my tips.

    Marianne....Thanks! We think think they're pretty cute too.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!