Thursday, December 5, 2013

Card tip of the day~

Here is my card tip of the day and for me for once super duper smart, so right this down, you won't want to miss it!

I was making Christmas cards (100 of them to be exact) and I need to cut my 12 x 12 cardstock down to 4 x 12.  I was also going to need to SCORE that cardstock at 4" because my finished card was going to be 4 x 8.

Making sense so far????  Here comes the tip~~~~When you are doing cards like this or similar....SCORE THEM FIRST!!!!!!!!  I scored the 12 x 12 cardstock at 4" and then cut it into 4 x 12 cards (be careful to cut with your score line the correct way)!!!!

So instead of scoring 100 cards, I only had to score 34! Brilliant right!!!!!!!  Scrap smarter not harder ladies!!!

PS:  also when making 100 plus cards this year, I assembly lined my cards I scored and let my darling hubby fold with the bone folder.  I let him trim out the 200 photos for the Studio J layout cards! and he'll be doing the gluing down of the cards this year while I do the addressing...after 11 years of doing this all alone while he watches I was ready for the "oh I wish I could have helped" smirk this year!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!