- Cut B&T (Background & texture paper) of your choice--double sided design, like Close To My Hearts papers are really needed--into 3/4" x 4" strips
- Take one strip and wrap it tightly around a ball point pen (or something of similar shape). No need to pinch/hold for excessive amount of time, just wrap and release, then repeat. This worked out great to do while watching TV.
- Starting near the bottom of the bottle apply liquid glass to top 1/3 (just a thin line is all you need) of the paper strip and place
- Continue placing the strips all the way around the bottle trying to maintain level line, but top will be covered, so no need to be exact.
- Start the second row with the bottom of the glued area overlapping slightly at the top edge of the first strip
- I went three rows up for the skirted version of the bottle then wrapped a 1" strip around the bottle to give a clean edge of the skirt (a ribbon also makes a nice finish at the waist).
- To make the tree version just continue up the bottle
- I hope you enjoy!
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Fun hostess gift -- Skirted bottle/tree
Here is a fun way to dress up that bottle of wine you are taking as a hostess gift this year: