Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Homework and Masterpiece Magnet Clip

I wanted to share one of my projects from my Poway Spring Fling.

This fun clip, is a wooden clothes pin with a magnet on the back perfect for showcasing all those special papers and art masterpieces that come from school.  It also works great for holding photos.

Here are the directions for you:

  • With Bonding Memories glue adhere B & T paper (3 1/4" x 5 1/16") to the clothes pin.  Bonding memories perfectly for this because it acts like wallpaper glue making the paper become part of the clip.
  • Next Trim the Stamped image (which is done using lilac mist ink on lilac mist cardstock) from "Blue Ribbon C1464" stamp set.
  • Curl the end of the stamped ribbon around the edge of a pencil for dimension; curl (2) paper ribbon  B & T pcs (2" x 5 1/16")
  • Glue "ribbon" pcs together into middle of Lilac stamped image (yellow circle will cover them)
  • With foam pop dots I adhered the buttercup cardstock stamped image (which is a 1 1/4" circle) and added the sparkle to the center of the stamped image to the center of the lilac mist image.  I used three pcs of foam dots because I wanted it to be solid since that was where I was going to be pushing for the opening.
  • To adhere that all to the clip I put my bonding memories glue from the top (the part you pinch lol) to the halfway point (where the metal spring ran through) and then glued on my imagery.  The top of the clip is at the center of the lilac circle so you have some idea of where I placed it.
  • Lastly, I applied the pre-adhesive backed magnet strip.  I started the magnet from the bottom and went up, instead of centering the magnet, because I figured that would be better since that is where the weight would come from.
 This project was inspired by Brenda Wando.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!