Sunday, February 23, 2014

Ariana Layout Love

At my February workshop this month, Ariana papers from CTMH were our focal point along with the Dimensional chipboard element Ariana Complements set.  My friends, Joanne Walton, helped inspire my layout as I watched her craft at a recent weekend scrapbook retreat.

A few tricks for you to look for at the close up pictures below would be how I used Liquid Glass to not only adhere the Complement elements to the page with, but also to highlight certain elements with for some added POP and FLARE.  Take a look at the triangle by "smile" and the dots on the glasses, the lens around the Camera, and the quote at the frame atop the right page.  I love the effect Liquid Glass provides with this easy technique.  I also used foam adhesive to give some depth and dimension to the layout.  Last quick tip.  Remember that you can CUT chipboard pieces; see the blue piece at the top of the right page, its cut in two!   
Think outside the box, there's more room ;)

The cutting guide for the page on the left:
  •  3 pcs B & T (pretty papers) at 1" x 7"
  •  1 pc B & T at 1/2" x 7" (I used a zip-strip)
  •  1 pcs slate CS (photo area) at 5" x 7"
The cutting guide for the right side:
  • 2 pcs B & T (pretty papers) at 2" x 9"
  • 2 pcs B & T at 1/2" x 9" (I used a zip-strip)
  • 3 pcs slate CS (photo areas) at 3 1/2" x 5 1/5"
PS:  all distressing on the pages was done using Slate



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!